Friday 2 January 2015

Someone silence that streaming child!

Hey!

After the disappointment of languishing in Bronze 4/5 for the majority of the 2014 season, I have turned my attention to a new challenge. I'm still playing too much LoL, but now I want to share it with the world.

I have been playing around with the idea of streaming games. I like the idea of sharing game experiences (you will know that from my earlier posts), and streaming seems to be the next logical step.

I've watched a few streams of pro LoL players, particularly Krepo and Kev1n and I have enjoyed the level of interaction that this can bring. You can watch them, listen to them, react when they react, join in on jokes and even chat with them (via the chat box, which you type into).

A lot of people use this to goad the person playing, some say offensive things and get kicked, but a lot of people just join in an have a jolly old time.

So it looks fairly easy to do. I have a computer with my game on, internet connection, a headset and a webcam.

What else do I need?

1. An account with www.Twitch.tv. There are other streaming platforms available, but this is the one most gamers use.
2. A program to stream your games. Twitch suggests a few; I went with OBS (Open Broadcaster Software). It is both free and seemingly unlimited in its features. You will need a tutorial to help you set it up though as it is a bit complex.
3, People to watch you. This is what I have struggled with so far. I have had a maximum of 3 people watching me, but no one typed anything into chat, so I guess they could have been some kind of bot.

I'm still learning and trying to overcome the silliness of talking to myself, so I will keep my progress updated here.

If I get more than 3 people watching me I will let you know :D



No comments:

Post a Comment